Braiding your hair is the “thing” that black people are famous for! In addition, wow how, not everyone can handle that hairstyle with the same sassiness that you can! Braiding your hair has not just been a style but also a necessity for you seeing to the hair type and texture. It is like a blessing that you carry out in the utmost style and makes everyone crave for it. However, if you are planning to not visit the salon this time for the braiding and trying to figure it out yourself, then you are surely going to need a lot of help. If you are trying to do it for the first time, don’t be sad if you need more than one attempt to it! So if you are ready, let’s jump into the Hair Braiding Style Guide for Black Women | Tips, Tutorial and Care! Moreover, have a look at these Medium Hairstyles for Women over 50!
Hair Braiding Style Guide for Black Women | Tips, Tutorial, and Care
Hair Braiding Style Guide – the tutorials
For this hairstyle,
- Start with clean and conditioned hair
- Section them in four parts
- Not take one part and clip the others aside.
- Make smaller sections of these parts and braid them.
- Continue this for all the sections until all your hair are braided and you should get the perfect box braid hairstyle!
- Start by applying serum
- Then create small braids all over you
- Now take the needle that you use for applying for extensions and from the root of your braid insert it to go through.
- Now take the extension, put it on the needle, and close the loop.
- You now have to carefully pull the needle back and the extension will be through the roots of the braid.
- Now tie it up and roll your braid around it.
- Apply a gel to make it stay in place and your faux dreads are ready!
The crochet braids are one of the most popular hairstyles these days so here is how to do them
- Initially, you need all your hair to be braided and grouped together.
- Remember that the braids must be in the pattern that you want your hair to sweep into.
- Now, with the crochet needle, take the extensions and cross it over your hair.
- Take it through then make a loop and cross the remaining hair through this loop.
- Your hair will be knotted after doing this.
Perhaps these are one of the easiest hair braiding techniques that you can do by yourself!
- Start with clean hair. This means that the hair should be shampooed and deep conditioned!
- Next, you take the yarn and decide how long you want your braids to be. Once you have decided that, take the yarn double the length that you have decided.
- Now take a small section of your hair to braid and roll the yarn around the hair. It should be like yarn- hair- yarn.
- Next, you need to braid the hair with the yarn like the normal braiding and continue this until all your hair is done.
These are the twists that look awesome and look like a braid from distance however, this is slightly difficult.
- Start with clean hair and section them as we did earlier.
- Next, take an extension and place it between the two smaller sections of hair.
- Here comes the tricky part! Take your hair and start twisting it with the extensions.
- Then you need to twist the two sections together to create a spiral effect.
- Continue this till you reach the ends and repeat
this till all your hair is braided.
You can also apply some accessories to it if you wish.
Tips to maintain your braids longer
- Protect your hair at night- you can wear a silk scarf or any scarf that does not tangle in your hair and create friction. This will prevent it from developing a frizz and keep them looking fresh!
- Pay attention to your scalp- the last thing that you would want to see is the dirty dandruff scales falling down from your scalp. So keep it moist and take care that it does not dry off.
- It is not permanent- braiding your hair is a protective style that you are doing. However, did you know you should not keep it for a very long time? Well, the maximum you should keep it is 8 week. Anything more than that will eventually hamper your hair growth and overall quality of your hair.
How to care for the braided hair
- Wash your hair with dry shampoo- we know washing braids is not easy! Therefore, you have the dry shampoo to your rescue! However, once in a week is a must hair wash routine that you should follow.
- Condition your hair- yes! Your hair is dying to get its conditioner! It is essential for your hair as the shampoo cleans only the scalp, not the light. Therefore, to maintain the quality of your hair, conditioning is necessary!
- Relax your hair in every 2 months- this is necessary for your hair and scalp! Moreover, when you do this, take care that you give proper nourishment to them before you re-braid them.
We hope we could help you with this Hair Braiding Style Guide for Black Women | Tips, Tutorial and Care. Follow them and see your hair loving you back! For stronger and longer hair, you should definitely try on some homemade masks and recipes that give you that extra help in maintaining your hair naturally. In addition, with this, here are Gym Hairstyles for Women to Hit Style Quotient!