Oh, what a hectic task it is to wash your hair each day! On that busy hour when you are running to get to your office on time, that greasy hair won’t leave a stone unturned to harass your subtle office look. When everything fails, the dry shampoo comes to save you!
It is this magical spray that brings bouncy to your greasy dirty hair and makes it look fabulous while leaving a pleasant scent along. The dry shampoo has become a trend recently in the regular household and not many of you know about it, do you? Well, we are here to tell you How Does Dry Shampoo Work? All about Benefits, Drawbacks, and Maintenance.
How Does Dry Shampoo Work? All about Benefits, Drawbacks, and Maintenance
So let us start by knowing …
What is dry shampoo?
Before we explain to you what dry shampoo is, what do you understand by it? Dry- this means no water-based solution. Shampoo- that makes your hair looks cleaner. Combine both and you get dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is a powder or a spray that you sprinkle on your scalp and it refreshes your scalp. The oiliness and the dirt seem to vanish and you get a nice bouncy in your hair.
How does dry shampoo work?
Well, the next question now pops up in your mind is that how does that happen? This happens because of the dry shampoo’s compounds. The dry shampoo has starch and alcohol in it that tends to absorb all the greasiness from your scalp. Thus, your hair does not look flat anymore and has a nice bounce.
A quick tip: If you want to have the same effect just like the dry shampoo but don’t want alcohol or other agents stripping your natural oils then use cornstarch. Take some cornstarch in a dusting jar and dust it on your scalp. Run it through and dust off the excess. Massage a little on your scalp and you will have bouncy hair.
Benefits Of Using Dry Shampoo
Here are some reasons that you must consider the dry shampoo
- Using dry shampoo lengthens the gap between washing your hair. When you wash your hair, your tips tend to dry off sooner thus making it frizzy. Dry shampoo lets you have a bouncy and clean look without shampooing.
- Since you are not shampooing, you do not need to style your hair. Hence, you do not use your heating hairstyle tools. Thus, the damage is under control.
- You get an instant bounce in your hair, which makes your hairstyle look amazing.
- They are your saviors while you are traveling and don’t have time and space for washing your hair often.
- Since you are not washing your hair, your hair color tends to last longer than usual.
- It is easy to do and saves a lot of time as it can be done within a few minutes.
Drawbacks Of Using Dry Shampoo
Everything has two sides and hence the dry shampoo also has some cons.
- The dry shampoo can make your scalp dry resulting in dandruff. It might also cause some itching.
- You can actually get the habit of using dry shampoo and will not clean your hair with shampoo. This will dirty your hair care regime.
- It contains chemicals that can destroy your hair care routine.
- Your hair strands look drier than ever.
- It might block the pores of the scalp and result in scalp pimples and inflammation.
How to use dry shampoo?
Using dry shampoo is very easy. The following steps will guide you to effectively using dry shampoo.
#1 section your hair and look for areas that are oily
#2 hold your dry shampoo spray 6 inches away from the area you will spray.
#3 spray the dry shampoo or sprinkle it depending on the type you are using.
#4 massage your scalp gently and comb your hair.
#5 you can use a cool blow dryer to set everything in place.
How many days in a row can you use dry shampoo?
The frequency of using dry shampoo is 2 days. This means that you must only use the dry shampoo for two days in a row. After this, you must wash your hair. Control your urge to using dry shampoo because it might become a habit.
How Many Times Should You Wash Your Hair A Week?
You must wash your hair one or two in a week. This is essential if your hair is long. If your hair is medium or short, you can wash your hair daily with mild shampoo only. If you shampoo your hair daily, there are high chances that the natural oil that your skin produces and keeps your hair look healthy and thick will be striped.
Does Dry Shampoo Make Your Hair Fall Out?
Dry shampoos make your hair fall instantly is a wrong notion. However, it may lead to conditions that will make your hair fall if you do not take care of it. As of the present-day condition if you start using it today and only use it sometimes, then there will be no issues. However, if you use it daily, it will make your hair look dry and wither off the essential oils that the scalp produces.
BEST BRANDS FOR DRY SHAMPOO THAT YOU MUST GO FOR
- Batiste Dry Shampoo– suitable for all hair types
- Kristin Ess Style Reviving Dry Shampoo – best for oily hair type
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo – use this for voluminous hair (suitable for thin hair)
- Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Biotin Dry Shampoo – it contains biotin that is best for the curly hair as they tend to get frizzy and tangled.
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturing Dry Shampoo – easily available and pocket friendly!
- Verb Dry Shampoo – Aerosol-free dry shampoo
- Bumble and Bumble Bb. Pret-a-Powder Tres Invisible Dry Shampoo- finally a product for the dark hair women (the brunettes). This dry shampoo does not have whitish residue.
- Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo Light Tones– best for the blonde women
- Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo– color friendly dry shampoo.
Although the dry shampoo works as a savior for your greasy dirty hair, you must not make it a habit. As said earlier, never use the dry shampoo for more than 2 consecutive days. Wash your hair to keep them clean and healthy. Use dry shampoo only as an alternative when you don’t really have time to clean your hair by washing it.